- Bug fixes.
- Performance improvements after upgrading to Go 1.4.
- Account/Organization managers have the ability to delete Modes.
- Image optimization service: Image optimizations added to sprites.
- Image optimization service: Lossless compression for WebP images.
- Routing: added support for Gecko devices.
- Routing: added Sony Xperia t2 ultra and Motorola Moto E to the supported list of devices.
- Client redirection: Improved performance.
- Client redirection: Enhancements to existing implementation.
- Redesigned user account invitation emails.
- New notifications for user account invitations.
- Improved HTML parsing performance.
- Upgraded Tritum Tester engine and mixers.
- Ability to easily save origin-server responses in the Moovweb SDK Dashboard.
- New Moovweb SDK Project Replay Dashboard to manage project Replays.
- Ability to load and run saved project Replays from the Moovweb SDK Project Replay Dashboard.
Single Domain Development
- Improved Local SDK single domain project generation template on the SDK Dashboard.
- Enhanced defaults and settings for SDK single domain projects.
- Ability to upgrade LibXML implementation on existing projects
- Added GIF animation support in image optimization service
- Single Domain preview Mode information banner
- Visual indication displayed on the main page when a preview Mode is accessed with the direct link.
- Banner can be enabled disabled using Tritium
- SSL Certificate Manager enhancements
- Update existing SSL and intermediate certificates
Single Domain Development
- New Single Domain mixer
- Option to display via tritium a banner on the page when running a single domain local project.
- UI and flow improvements
- Projects are now searchable by all registered domains
- SSL Certificate Manager upgrade
- Certificate renewal support
- Multi-project SAN certificate support
- Email notifications sent to the technical contact for expiring certificates
- Mode improvements
- Advance interface for controlling Modes routing
- Preview links and QR codes for Modes
- Display information on deployed Layers and live routing rules
- Improved warning mechanism when deploying to Live Modes
- Improved project generation messaging when behind enterprise proxies
- Layer blocks
- New notation for using Layers in Local SDK projects.
- Ability to run multiple Layers in SDK Dashboard.
This release was mainly bug fixes for 5.0.
- Stability and performance improvements
- Dashboard UI/UX improvements
Upgraded to use Go 1.2 which resulted in performance increases of 10%
- New UI/UX
- Endpoint Modes
- every project has a Default Live Mode
- ability to create any number of Preview Modes
- Amazon S3 bucket for deployed code
- Developer Dashboard
- Project generation embedded
- Moovweb Toolkit embedded (previously Chrome-only extension)
- Deploy system independent of version control
- Deploy pre/post scripts
- Support for HTTP_PROXY environment variable added.
- LibSass - improved
- No more
- No more
moov login (a Moovweb account is still required for deploying, but there is no way to upload SSH keys directly from the command line — for backwards compatibility with the Git push system, you will have to add keys via the Control Center UI)
- Git is no longer a requirement
The Performance Mixer is now out of Beta. Free for Enterprise Users only. If your site needs access to this new mixer, please contact us and select “Request Upgrade or Add-on”.
- Image Resizing
- Serves the best possible images to mobile customers by resizing images based on target mobile device platform, browser, etc
- Image Compression
- Reduces image size (hence payload size) by further compressing images using optimal image formats
- Image Caching
- Improves site performance by caching optimized images, and serve future requests from the cache
- Requests Types & Codes Analytics
- Notifications for team management
- When a new user is added to an existing account, they are notified. Simple as that.
- Made Uranium a jQuery library
- Updated and expanded the documentation
- Changed the focus from “widgets” to interactions
- Added desktop browser support back through IE9
- Solidified functionality of the six most popular interactions (carousel, toggler, etc.)
- Deprecated a few of the less-frequently used interactions for future re-evaluation.
The Developer Center is your source for Moovweb docs, downloads, updates, and more. Bookmark this URL: http://developer.moovweb.com/.
Learn everything you need to know about Moovweb by taking our online courses at Moovweb University. Watch videos, write code, and receive detailed feedback from an expert Moovweb Developer.
The cache mixer is now out of Beta. Free for Enterprise Users only. If your site needs access to this new mixer, please contact us and select “Request Upgrade or Add-on”.
- Focus on Site Acceleration
- Enabling Varnish cache
- Making an asset cacheable by overriding cache headers
- Cachify allows for Dynamic caching and to set different caching rules for static & dynamic content
The Assert Mixer is now out of Beta. Free for Enterprise Users only. If your site needs access to this new mixer, please contact us and select “Request Upgrade or Add-on”.
- Use an
assert() system to establish validity of site implementation during Tritium project development
- Includes Tritium functions to assert specific HTML elements that must be present when selecting and transforming elements, and issues warnings when selector fails
- Supports global variables to track number of failing Tritium selectors that can be sent to an Analytics backend to receive page-level statistics over time, e.g., how many Tritium selectors in a project are failing on specific pages over time
- Total Redesign
- the Control Center has a new look that makes it even easier to navigate through projects and get the information you need to go mobile.
- User SSL management
- you can now upload your own SSL certificates from the “Hosts” page of your project
- Build Versions
- each time you push, the version number increments by one
- our documentation is now available even if you’re not signed in
- Chrome extension
- debugger (breakpoints + snapshots)
- logger + filters
- Auto-onboarding (SSL / DNS / provisioning)
- When you go to production, CNAMEs are automatically generated
- GitHub-like URLs
- to make finding your project easier, projects can be found at “https://console.moovweb.com/account-name/project-name”
- Live build updates
- you no longer need to refresh your page to get updates on how your build is going!
This release was mainly bug fixes for 4.0.
Major overhaul of Moovweb SDK and Moovweb Cloud.